Good to Know
Auction Stuff – Good to know…
- Gary Hanna Auctions specializes in Commercial & Industrial:
- Commercial is all types of business in retail to services.
- Industrial is all types of business in equipment to inventory.
- Dealer & Private Consignors
- Dealers are those who are licensed as dealers by AMVIC (vehicles).
- Private consignors are those who own the item but are not in business (vehicles and general goods).
- Banks & Trustees
- These products are normally considered as repos (vehicles and general goods).
- To consign a vehicle:
- If you wish to consign a vehicle you must be the present owner of the vehicle. Dealers must have their AMVIC license on file with us, a dealer contract and fill out a GST form (if applicable).
- As a Private consignor, you must provide a current registration and driver’s license to consign a vehicle. If you do not have a current registration you must provide your bill of sale for the vehicle, your driver’s license and obtain a vehicle information report (VIR) from a registry. VIR’s are different than lien searches, so make sure you get a VIR. There is a book-in fee to consign a vehicle.
- To consign miscellaneous goods:
- You must be the owner of the goods consigned and provide your current driver’s license. We charge a commission on the gross sale proceeds (plus any hard costs like trucking or repairs, if applicable). We do not take any household items like mattresses, old dishes, sofas, etc.
- Salvage, repaired, and non-repairable title (taken from The Government of Alberta Transportation Salvage Vehicle Inspections webpage):
- A salvage vehicle, commonly referred to as written-off by people outside the automotive industry, is a motor vehicle that can be rebuilt.
- A salvage vehicle that has passed an inspection is given a “rebuilt” rating on the vehicle registration form, which indicates it has been repaired, can be re-registered and driven on Alberta’s roads.
- Any vehicle declared non-repairable will not be issued any further certificate of registration. They are damaged in such a way that it is non-repairable and cannot be registered. These vehicles can only be dismantled for parts.